• Royal Street Survey started today. Wally located water lines for us;
• Water Well plans and specs are available at our office is any bidders call you to get a set, just refer them here. Bid opening is set for May 17th;
• New round of CWEF applications is due June 9th.
• Received the contract for the $250K (CWEF) Community Water Enrichment Fund Emergency Grant from the Office of Community Development.
• Have met with hospital contractor. Still performing weekly site visits and any required site inspections requested.
• Issued a occupancy certificate to Miles Blair. Ms. Vidrine is not open for business.
o Still working with her on the signage.
• Performed a final inspections and issued a occupancy certificate to WFPH Pediatric Clinic addition.
o Added new storage, exam room and generator to building.
• Issued conditional permit to Bayou Self Storage to facilitate construction.
o Insufficient Mechanical or Electrical information was provided for proper plan review.
• Issued permit to Heirlooms Quilt for expansion into additional space.
• Issued permit to Peggy Gamble for porch and step remodel.
• Working with The Francis Smoke House on additional that was started prior to any permitting reviews.
o They are working on obtaining Fire Marshal review and submitting plans to me for review.
• Met with Board of Contractors representative to discuss existing and possible new upcoming contractor requirements.
• The new review packets for both residential and commercial have been updated on the Town’s website.
• Landscape Architectural Plan – Professional Engineering Corporation will be preparing the survey needed at a cost of $5,000.00 Alderman Robert P. Leake will request that Mr. Joey Furr attend the next board meeting in order to provide and more detailed update on the project.
• West Feliciana Parish government is requesting permission for access to the town water tower located on Wilcox Street for the purpose of installing and retaining wireless hardware which will serve as a communications system. The council authorized Mayor D’Aquilla to sign the authorization with the stipulation that none of the installed equipment block the Town logo on the water tower.
• The Town has been asked to provide bottles of water at the Walker Percy event in June. Water bottles with the Town logo have been ordered.
• The police department will be providing support to the contractors once they begin the process of moving the caboose.
• Currently working on a solution with the American Queen regarding the buses that have been parking in the road in front of the Best Western.
• Laurie is attending a Main Street event in Canada.