• Replacement of Water Well #4
o Preconstruction meeting scheduled for 07/13/16 at 10 a.m.
o Contractor will begin moving the drilling rig on-site around July 27th.
o Currently working on getting electrical power to the new site.
• Capital Outlay Request for Burnett Bridge – currently our request for additional funding has made it past this week’s cuts. We will continue monitoring.
• US 61 North Gas Project – PEC will provide a revised cost estimate reflecting gas line extension only. Customers would pay to connect to the service line.
• On July 8th, Maria Contreras-Sweet, Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration recognized Mayor D’Aquilla, Susan Garrett Davis owner of Grandmother’s Buttons and Lynn Wood owner of Birdman Coffee for “inspiring the entrepreneurial spirit of the nation”.
• attended and we greatly appreciated the refreshments provided by the American Legion
• Preparations for Polos and Pearls & the LA Veterans Foundation Car Show scheduled for August 20th are proceeding well.
• Currently working with the American Queen Riverboat and Republic Services to help resolve the stinking garbage dumpster issue at the old ferry landing site.