Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC HEARING & MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2016 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 9th day of August, 2016 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:34 p. m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Jimmy Davis, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Robert P. Leake and Alderman Abby T. Cochran. Also present were, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh, Police Chief Scott Ford and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Attorney Jesse Means
The pledge was led by Damon Dawson.
On motion by James R. Leake and seconded by Abby T. Cochran, the minutes of July 28, 2015 were approved as submitted. Motion carried.
Public Hearing for Ordinance 2016-4
A Public Hearing was opened for Ordinance 2016-4 - “An Ordinance to Adopt an Amended Budget of Operating Budget of Revenues and Expenditures for the Fiscal year Beginning September 1, 2015 and Ending August 31, 2016 and also Adopting an Operating Budget of Revenues and Expenditures for the Fiscal year Beginning September 1, 2016 and Ending August 31, 2017.” There being no objections to this ordinance, James R. Leake made motion, seconded by James Davis, to adjourn the public hearing and the open the regular meeting.
Adoption of Ordinance 2016-4
Motion made by James Davis and seconded by James R. Leake, to adopt Ordinance 2016-4 “An Ordinance to Adopt an Amended Budget of Operating Budget of Revenues and Expenditures for the Fiscal year Beginning September 1, 2015 and Ending August 31, 2016 and also Adopting an Operating Budget of Revenues and Expenditures for the Fiscal year Beginning September 1, 2016 and Ending August 31, 2017.” All in favor: Aldermen James Davis, James R. Leake, Robert P. Leake, Abby T. Cochran and Gigi Robertson. Motion approved.
Motion made by Robert P. Leake, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to introduce the millage of 5.66 and to see the public hearing for Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 5:30 P.M. All in favor, motion carried.
Hwy 61 Gas Project
Bianca Hillhouse of PEC discussed possible routes for the US 61 gas line extension that could accommodate as many additional customers as possible. She is going to see which additional roads we would be able to provide service to so that we can we can contact those specific residents and inquire if they would be interested in tying in to our gas line. No further action taken at this time.
– Bia Hillhouse of PEC attending the meeting provided the following update:
• Capital Outlay - Burnett Road Bridge – no additional information at this time.
Retaining Wall for Old Town Hall
• Water System Capital Outlay – The well rig is in place and they plan to start drilling tomorrow.
Still waiting on additional bids to be turned in. No action taken.
Bids for Painting Town Hall
We advertised for bids in our official journal and only received one for $14,660.00. After discussion, James R. Leake is going to see if we can reduce the cost with spraying verses painting with brush. Also, Mayor D’Aquilla will continue to seek out additional quotes. No further action taken at this time.
Signs In Audubon Hills Subdivision
Mayor D’Aquilla advised the Board that the street signs in Audubon Hills Subdivision are looking bad. He is going to send a crew to start trying to see if they can be cleaned and determine if any need to be replaced.
Attorney Jesse Means – Provide Update Regarding the Abandon Property Process & Pending Arbitration for Claude Barron Property.
Attorney Jesse Means was absent. Move to next agenda.
- Mayor D’Aquilla
• Sprinkler system in Parker Park is repaired.
• Over 200 cars have registered for the American Legion Car Show.
– Chief Scott Ford.
• Request approval to hire Franklin Tyrone Gooden and Clarence Roberts as a Full Time Police Officers and John Kemp as Part Time Police Officer to fill open positions in the police department. Motion made by James Davis, seconded by Rucker Leake to approve the hiring of Franklin Tyrone Gooden and Clarence Roberts as a Full Time Police Officers & John Kemp as Part Time Police Officer. All in favor, motion carried.
Permitting & Planning Updates
• Performing weekly site visits and any required site inspections requested for hospital. Plywood skin complete, brick on site and being installed.
Main Street Report
• Jonathan Beckham house on Hartson Street – framing started.
• Continuing to update information in the MyPermit’s database. (Permit & Occupancy Certificate)
• Waiting on new occupancy certificates.
• Bayou self-storage making final adjustments.
• Bank of St. Francisville working on replacement windows.
• Chase Ministries working on extending walkways at daycare.
- Laurie Walsh, Main Street Manager
• The new sign for the Best Western is not complete and the pole has been covered.
• The Town of St. Francisville & Pointe Coupee Cruisers Host Car & Motorcycle Show will be held Saturday, August 20, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Polo’s & Pearls is scheduled for Saturday, August 20, 2016 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Motion by James Davis, seconded by Robert P. Leake, the meeting was adjourned at 6:25 p.m. Motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor