Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC HEARING/REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2017 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in public hearing/regular session this 8th day of August 2017 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:35 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also present were Town Attorney Jesse Means, Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh, Police Chief Scott Ford and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon.
The pledge was led by Kevin Dreher.
Motion made by Bryan Kelley, seconded by Susie Tully to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting July 25, 2017. All in favor, motioned carried.
1. Open Public Hearing for Ordinance 2017-6: AN ORDINANCE adopting a Uniform Franchise Fee, Franchise Fee Audits and Dispute Resolutions, for providers holding a state certificate under the Consumer Choice for Television Act, LA. R.S. 45:1361, et. Seq. at 5:36 p.m.
2. Public Comment for Ordinance 2017-6 - Mayor D’Aquilla open the floor for public comments. No comments were made.
3. Close Public Hearing - Public Hearing was closed at 5:37 p.m. and the Regular Meeting was opened.
Open Regularly Scheduled Public Meeting
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the New Business. No public comments were made.
Adopt Uniform Franchise Fee Ordinance 2017-6:
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by James R. Leake to adopt Uniform Franchise Fee Ordinance 2017-6: AN ORDINANCE adopting a Uniform Franchise Fee, Franchise Fee Audits and Dispute Resolutions, for providers holding a state certificate under the Consumer Choice for Television Act, LA. R.S. 45:1361, et. Seq.
Roll call vote as follows:
Yeas: James R. Leake, Abby T. Cochran, Gigi Robertson, Susie Tully and Bryan Kelley.
Discuss and/or Take Action on Recommendations from Architectural Design Review Board for the Pizza Hut at Live Oak Centre
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Gigi Robertson to approve the following recommendations of the Architectural Design Review Board.
1) Accept the landscape plan as submitted.
2) To require continuous louvered screening on the rear roof line of the Live Oak Shopping Centre.
All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Update on Lease Contract #2558 with State of Louisiana for Parker Street Property
The lease renewal is in process and a resolution will be drafted to authorize Mayor D’Aquilla to sign the lease contract renewal once it has been finalized by the State.
Proclamation for the American Duchess Steam Boats Inaugural Port
Town Attorney Jesse Means read aloud a proclamation declaring August 17th, 2017 as The American Duchess River Boat Day in the Town of St Francisville in recognition of the river boats inaugural port in St. Francisville. The proclamation will be presented to the Captain and crew of The American Duchess during the inaugural port ceremony.
Update from Joseph Furr on US 61 Landscape Project
Joseph Furr gave a status update for the US 61 Landscape Project and requested approval of a quote presented for topographic survey work required in order to proceed with the project. Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to approve the quote by Landsource for $5,676.00 or less to survey US 61 as specified. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
– Bianca Hillhouse
Burnette Road Bridge:
• One last concrete pour was delayed because of the weather and will hopefully be completed this week. Then, next steps will be to backfill, and build road and sidewalk.
• Contractor requested 24 days of Contract Time Extension (thru the end of July) – See Attached. Revised Contract Date: August 24, 2017. August adverse weather days will be due once the month is closed out.
New Water Well #4:
• Contractor has a tentative day for power to be turned on at the well on Friday the 11th. They have everything done on their part. After power is on (by Entergy) Contractor will run through the panels and be ready for final startup.
• August 10th at 10:30 is the West Feliciana Parish Governments ribbon celebration of the new West Feliciana Industrial Park.
• American Duchess Inaugural Port Ceremony will be August 17, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.
– Chief Scott Ford
• The St. Francisville Police Department will be participating with the West Feliciana Parish Sherriff’s Office’s annual Night Out with Law Enforcement on August 17th from 4:30 -7:30 at the West Feliciana Parish Sports Park.
Permitting & Planning Updates
– submitted by Eric Parnell
• Claude Barron restarting
Main Street Report
• Burger King construction continues
• Maginnis project construction continues
• New signage approved for Circle K
• Working on new signage for Matt Bowers Chrysler, Jeep
• Beckham house ready for final inspection
• Myrtles restaurant documents being completed
– Laurie Walsh
• The Sign Ordinance Training originally scheduled for August 10th has been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts. The Board will be notified once a new date has been confirmed.
• Polos and Pearls will be Saturday, August 19th from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Motion by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Bryan Kelley to adjourn the meeting at 6.43 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor