MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2018 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 27th day of February 2018 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:33 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also present Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Police Chief Scott Ford, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh and Town Clerk, Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Alderman Gigi Robertson and Town Attorney Jesse Means
Prayer led by Abby T. Cochran.
The pledge was led by James R. Leake.
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Bryan Kelley to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting January 23, 2018. All in favor, motioned carried.
Open Regularly Scheduled Public Meeting.
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the new business.
1. PEC Report – Bianca Hillhouse of PEC.
*Alderman Gigi Robertson joined the meeting at 5:38 p.m.
SCADA System Installation for Water Towers
Update: The new wireless communication system for water well and water tower is up and running. Before the meeting, Alderman were given an opportunity to view the new system.
New 2” Gas Line on Old Hwy 66
Update: Materials have been ordered. Project not yet started.
2. SCADA System (Water Well Wireless Communication System) & Future Implementation Plans
Mayor D’Aquilla requested that the Board of Alderman consider adding monitoring of all eight sewer lift stations and gas pressure monitoring to the new system.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Bryan Kelley to authorize Bianca Hillhouse of PEC to provide engineering plans and a cost estimate for adding eight sewer lift stations and the gas pressure monitoring to our existing SCADA system. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
3. Approve Resolution 2018-1 – St. Francisville Sewer Treatment Plant 2017 MWPP Resolution
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to approve Resolution 2018-1 St. Francisville Sewer Treatment Plant 2017 MSPP. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
4. Liability & Property Insurance Renewal Presentation – Cooper Hurst of Arthur Gallagher Insurance Company presented the insurance renewal package to the Board and answered questions.
5. Resolution 2018-2 Resolution of the Council of the Town of St. Francisville to Reject Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage and Terrorism Insurance Coverage. Motion made by Gigi Robertson, seconded by Bryan Kelly to approve Resolution 2018-2 Reject Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage and Terrorism Insurance Coverage. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried
6. To approve Insurance Renewal Package as Presented and to Authorize Mayor D’Aquilla to Sign Insurance Renewal Documents on the Town of St. Francisville’s Behalf.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to approve the insurance liability and property renewal package as presented for a total of $87,901.00 and to authorize Mayor D’Aquilla to sign insurance renewal documents on the Town of St. Francisville’s behalf. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried
7. Approve Purchase of Police Vehicle to Replace Vehicle Totaled in November of 2017.
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Susie Tully to approve the purchase of a police vehicle from Bennett Ford utilizing Ford Municipal Financing Program for $32,392.08. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
8. Presentation by Landscape Architect Bill Reich
William “Bill” Reich of Reich Associates introduced himself to the Mayor and Board of Alderman and showed examples of his past projects. After discussion, it was decided that Mr. Reich would communicate with Susie Tully & Abby Cochran to get a scope of what landscaping and signage needs the Board is requesting for Hwy. 61 and develop a plan to be presented in April.
9. Amend Agenda
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Bryan Kelly to amend the agenda to discuss and/or take action on the situation of the courthouse windows being replaced without following proper Historic District Commission approval or building permit process. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
10. Discuss and/or Take Action on Courthouse Windows Being Replaced Without Following Proper Historic District Commission Approval or Building Permit Process.
After discussion and input from concerned citizens in attendance, the Board of Alderman instructed Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniels to issue a letter to Parish Government to be delivered by the Code Enforcement Officer and send certified mail instructing West Feliciana Parish Government to stop work on the courthouse window replacement until the proper approval process has been followed. Furthermore, if a contractor is on the job site, present them with a “Stop Work Order”.
11. Departmental Updates
• Mayor’s Comments – presented by Mayor
*Public Comment: Ms. Sara Wilson Wright thanked the Historic District Commission, Alderman Susie Tully and Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh for all their assistance on applying for funding for the Benevolent Society.
• Police Report – Scott Ford
• Permitting & Planning Updates - written update provided by Building Official.
• Main Street Report – Laurie Walsh
*Laurie Walsh handed out Historic District Design Guidelines compiled by Villavaso & Associates with suggestions from Historic District Commission for the Board of Alderman to review.
Motion by James R. Leake, seconded by Bryan Kelly to adjourn the meeting at 6:25 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor