Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC HEARING/REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, MAY 8, 2018 at 5:30 P.M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in public hearing/regular session this 8th day of May 2018 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:36 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully. Also present, Town Attorney Jesse Means, Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Police Chief Scott Ford, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh and Town Clerk, Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Alderman Brian Kelley and Alderman James R. Leake
Prayer led by Town Attorney Jesse Means.
The pledge was led by Alderman Gigi Robertson.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Gigi Robertson to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting April 24, 2018. All in favor, motioned carried.
Open Public Hearing for Ordinance 2018-2 An Ordinance Adopting Millage Rates to Tax Year 2018.
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments for Ordinance 2018-2. No public comments made.
Public hearing closed at 5:39 p.m. and regularly scheduled public meeting began.
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the new business. No public comments made.
1. PEC Report
– Information provided via email by Bianca Hillhouse of PEC.
New 2” Gas Line on Old Hwy 66:
• Contractor completed sewer repairs (except for 2 larger repairs and a small section of concrete replacement);
Drainage Washout on Audubon Hills:
• Day 2 of trenching (2,000 LF installed thru today)
• PEC is waiting to get a quote on the survey. Survey may be able to be accomplished with a combination of drone and physical survey in the areas that are accessible.
• PEC is waiting to receive quotes back for the red-light replacement study.
2. Discuss and/or Take Action on PEC’s Recommendation Regarding Drainage Washout / Audubon Hills Subdivison
Update provided in PEC’s report. No further action taken.
3. Adopt Ordinance 2018-2 An Ordinance Adopting Millage Rates for Tax Year 2018
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Abby Cochran to adopt Ordinance 2018-2, An Ordinance Adopting Millage Rates for Tax Year 2018. All in favor,
YEAS: Abby T. Cochran, Gigi Robertson, and Susie Tully.
ABSENT: James R. Leake and Brian Kelley
4. Discuss and/or Action on Steve Villavaso of Villavaso & Associates Recommendations Regarding Impact Fees.
Review email from Steve Villavaso. Move to next agenda
5. Proclamation Supporting Renovation of the Boy Scout Hut in Memory of Russell Achord
Town Attorney read aloud a proclamation declaring the Town of St. Franciville Mayor and Board of Aldermen’s support for the renovation of the Boy Scout Hut and to encourage businesses and local citizens to participate in this endeavor in memory of Russell Achord
6. Departmental Updates
Mayor’s Comments – presented by Mayor
Police Report – Chief Scott Ford.
Permitting & Planning Updates – no update.
Main Street Report – Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh.
7. Executive Session to Discuss Litigation
Executive session was not needed. Motion made by Abby Cochran, seconded by Gigi Robertson to remove this item from the agenda. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Motion made by Abby Cochran, seconded by Gigi Robertson to adjourn the meeting at 6:05 p.m. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor