Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2018 at 5:30 P.M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 11th day of September 2018 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:34 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Alderman James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susie Tully and Alderman Bryan Kelley. Also present, Town Attorney Jesse Means, Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Police Chief Scott Ford, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh and Town Clerk, Shannon Sturgeon.
Prayer led by Alderman Gigi Robertson.
Mayor D’Aquilla called for a moment of silence for the anniversary of 911.
The pledge led by Alderman James R. Leake.
Motion made by Bryan Kelley, seconded by James R. Leake to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting August 28, 2018. All in favor, motioned carried.
Open Floor for Public Comment
– no comments made.
–Bianca Hillhouse of Professional Engineering Corporation (PEC) update provided via email.
Drainage Washout on Audubon Hills:
• Survey and potential proposed cross section previously provided. Volume of fill required is approximately 5,000 Cubic Yards to achieve a 5:1 slope. At a location with normal access we could expect to see the cost for fill material at $25/CY, which translates to $125,000. Including clearing and grubbing to get access to the site or the erosion control, the project may run in the order of magnitude of $200,000.
• PEC to start putting together plans.
• Property for access belongs to Landmark Bank – will need to get permission for access during construction.
Old Hwy 66 Gas Line Replacement:
• PEC will prepare letter to Mr. Tip Pace when existing line has been abandoned.
• Waiting on as-builts from the Contractor.
• Spinks Construction has submitted retainage payment request (final) in the amount of $4,549.50, but it’s being held until they complete the killing of the 2nd existing line and a couple of dress up punch list items.
Cast Iron/Transite Water Main Replacement:
• See attached revised sketch with lengths. Need to start preparing for Capital Outlay request? Or seek other funding sources?
Update on Bailey Cable Franchise Tax Delinquency
• LGAP/CWEF Grant applications have been prepared and will be turned in to go towards the water replacement project.
Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel has submitted the final draft to Mayor D’Aquilla for review and authorization to file.
Discuss and/or Take Action on Recommendation from the ADRB Regarding the Exterior Renovations to the Property Located at 6831 US Highway 61 (Old Audubon Lounge)
RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE ADRB (ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN REVIEW BOARD) TO THE TOWN COUNCIL FOR FINAL APPROVAL.
The ADRB met on Wednesday-August 29, 2018, to review the exterior materials and elevations for the renovations to the Old Audubon Lounge located at 6831 US Highway 61. A motion was made by Peggy Gammill and seconded by Amanda McKinney to make the recommendation to the Town Council on the approval of the materials as well as the exterior elevations with the landscaping and signage on the building to be determined at a later date. Motion carried. This recommendation is on the agenda for the Town Council meeting on Tuesday-September 11, 2018.
Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, second by Susie Tully to accept the ADRB recommendations for the Old Audubon Lounge located at 6831 US Highway 61 as presented. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Introduce Ordinance 2018-4 “An Ordinance Enacting Article VI, “Public Nuisances and Unsanitary Conditions, “of Chapter 4, “Animals and Fowl,” of the Code of Ordinances of the Town of St. Francisville, State of Louisiana.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by James R. Leake to introduce Ordinance 2018-4. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Introduce Ordinance 2018-5 “An Ordinance Enacting Article IV, “Public Storm Drainage System,” of Chapter 11, “Health and Sanitation,” of the Code of Ordinances of the Town of St. Francisville, State of Louisiana.
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Bryan Kelley to introduce Ordinance 2018-5. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Mayor’s Comments – Mayor D’Aquilla
• Trick-or-Treat will be held Wednesday, October 31st from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
• Transformer transport will be done two transformers at a time on a Sunday afternoon instead of the original plan of one transformer moved at a time for four different Sundays.
• Planning & Zoning will hold a public hearing September 12, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. to consider the request for re-zoning of the property in Pecan Grove. *Alderman Cochran requested her opposition to the Town of St. Francisville’s request for the re-zoning of the Pecan Grove/ School Board Property to be noted in the minutes.
Police Report – Chief Scott Ford.
Permitting & Planning Updates – Building Official Don Simmons
Main Street Report – Laurie Walsh, Main Street Manager
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Gigi Robertson to adjourn the meeting at 6:27 p.m. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
/s/ Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk /s/William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor