Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2016 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 14th day of June, 2016 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:32 p. m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman James Davis and Alderman Abby T. Cochran. Also present were Attorney Jesse Means, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh, Police Chief Scott Ford and Pam Granger.
Absent: Town Clerk, Shannon Sturgeon, and Alderman Robert P. Leake. Alderman GiGi Robertson arrived at 5:46.
The pledge was led by Abby Cochran.
Mayor D’Aquilla asked for a moment of silence for the Victims of Orlando, Florida shooting.
On motion by Abby Cochran and seconded by James R. Leake, the minutes of May 24, 2016 were approved as submitted. All in favor, motion carried.
Approve Official Journal for July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017
The St. Francisville Democrat presented a bid to act as Official Journal for the Town for a period of one year beginning July 1, 2016 and ending June 30, 2017. Items submitted by the Town for publication will be printed 8/9 font size @ $4.80 per square of 100 words. On motion by James Davis and seconded by Abby Cochran, The Advocate/The St. Francisville Democrat was appointed as Official Journal for the Town of St. Francisville. All in favor, motion carried.
Award Bid To Lowest Bidder for Replacement Water Well #4 – Griner Drilling Service, Inc. for a Total Base Bid Amount of $637,500.00
Motion made by James Leake, seconded by James Davis to award the bid for Replacement Water Well #4 to the lowest bidder, Grinner Drilling Services, Inc. for a total base bid amount of $637,500.00.
Main Street Request Approval of Bill Board Rental on Hwy 61 at Port Hudson
Motion made by James Davis, seconded by James Leake, to approve a 1 year lease for bill board rental that is located on Hwy. 61 at Port Hudson for $400.00 per month for one year with a first right of refusal to extend. The Town will provide our own vinyls. The cost for installation and vinyl is $1450.00 each time a new vinyl is created and installed. All in favor, motion carried.
Proclamation Honoring West Feliciana High School’s 2016 LHSAA Class 3A Track & Field State Championship & Baseball Championship.
Presented by Jesse Means, Town Attorney.
WHEREAS, the West Feliciana High School athletics program earned distinction and thrilled the greater St. Francisville community this spring by winning two championships, and
WHEREAS, the Saints baseball team played South Beauregard at McMurry Park in Sulpher, Louisiana, on May 14 in a game which was rained out but continued the next day; and
WHEREAS, on May 15 the Saints defeated South Beauregard 6 to 2, earning the Class 3A State Championship; and
WHEREAS, also in May, the West Feliciana High School boys track team participated in the Class 3A State Track and Field Event held at LSU’s Bernie Moore Stadium; and
WHEREAS, after winning the District 6-3A and regional meets the previous two weeks, the Saints on May 6-7 won the State Track and Field championship.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Mayor and Board of Aldermen and the entire St. Francisville community hereby do express pride in West Feliciana High School’s athletic program.
AND BE I FURTHER RESOLVED that the Mayor and Board of Alderman and the entire St. Francisville community hereby do congratulate West Feliciana High School’s baseball team and track team in their championship victories.
/s/ William H. D’Aquilla
William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor
TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE
June 14, 2016
/s/ Shannon Sturgeon
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk
Engineer Bianca Hillhouse of PEC was absent. Mayor D’Aquilla presented the update.
• Burnette Road Bridge – still waiting to see if the request for addition funding will be approved.
Permitting & Planning Updates
• New Water Well Replacement & Water System Improvements – bid to be awarded to Griner Drilling.
• CWEF grant application for 2015-2016 – has been submitted and will not be awarded for a few months.
-Building Official, Eric Parnell
Biweekly building official update for 6-14-16
• Structural framing is up and roof joist are being installed on new hospital. Also, site paving is being installed.
• Issued permit for Johnathan Beckham.
• Claude Barron project going to arbitration.
• Boll Weevil project is moving forward with submittal requirements.
• Moving forward with full implementation of Mypermit software.
• Issued inspection letter for Dart house.
– Mayor D’Aquilla
Mayor recognized Joey Furr with Joseph Furr Design Studio. Mr Furr submitted a presentation for Town Gateway Schematic Design for review. No action taken just a presentation at this time.
– Chief Scott Ford.
Walker Percy weekend went well no problems or issues.
All personnel issues are good at this time.
Main Street Report
– Laurie Walsh
• July 4th - The town will shoot fireworks on Monday July 4th at dark at the WFP Sports Park, The American Legion will serve refreshments and the town will pay for a DJ. Details have been sent to the newspapers, facebook and posters are being made.
• Car Show - Saturday August 20th downtown from 9am -3pm will be the Pointe Coupee Car Show, all proceeds will go to the Louisiana Veterans Foundation.
• I will meet with Andrea McCarthy on June 28th to talk about property owners being able to apply for State and/or Federal Tax Credits.
• American Queen looking into new shore excursions.
• IPW Fams will have 4 German Companies, 2 UK, 1 Swiss and 1 Media Fam visiting St. Francisville before and after IPW in New Orleans next week.
• Kiosk Panels - We are now supplying kiosk panels to the Sports Park for their new kiosk located close to the concession stand. We will have the tourism map on one panel and upcoming calendar of events on the other.
Motion by Abby Cochran seconded by James Davis to adjourn at 6:48 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
/s/ Pam Granger /s/ William H. D’Aquilla
Pam Granger William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor