Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2016 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 12th day of July, 2016 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:36 p. m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Jimmy Davis, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Robert P. Leake and Alderman Abby T. Cochran. Also present were Attorney Jesse Means, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh, Police Chief Scott Ford and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon.
The pledge was led by Stephanie Ferguson.
On motion by Robert P. Leake and seconded by Gigi Robertson, the minutes of June 28, 2016 were approved as submitted. All in favor, motion carried.
– Bianca Hillhouse
• Replacement of Water Well #4
o Preconstruction meeting scheduled for 07/13/16 at 10 a.m.
o Contractor will begin moving the drilling rig on-site around July 27th.
o Currently working on getting electrical power to the new site.
• Capital Outlay Request for Burnett Bridge – currently our request for additional funding has made it past this week’s cuts. We will continue monitoring.
Noise Complaint/Music at the Francis – Stephanie Ferguson
• US 61 North Gas Project – PEC will provide a revised cost estimate reflecting gas line extension only. Customers would pay to connect to the service line.
Ms. Stephanie Ferguson address the Board regarding loud music at The Francis. After hearing her concerns, the Board asked her to call Chief Ford when she has an issue. The police department will continue monitoring the music to insure that the restaurant complies with the Noise Ordinance.
Update on Architectural Landscape Plan
- Joey Furr
Joey Furr provided addition details for the Hwy 61 plans and the first look at his Royal Street plan which is utilizing details recommended by Capitol Region Planning. After review and discussion, the Board has asked Mr. Furr to proceed with 3D renderings and cost estimates.
Resolution 2016-3 – A Resolution reappointing Mayor D’Aquilla to serve on the Louisiana Community Development Authority (LCDA) Board.
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by James Davis to reappoint Mayor William H. “Billy” D’Aquilla to the Louisiana Community Development Authority (LCDA) Board. All in favor, motion carried.
Painting Town Hall
Mayor D’Aquilla advised the Board that Town Hall needed painting. The Board agreed. An advertisement for bids will be placed on the Town’s website and advertised in the official journal.
Repairs to Old Town Hall
Mayor D’Aquilla presented three bids for replacement of the retaining wall at the Old Town Hall. The Board requested that we try to get a few more quotes. No further action taken, item moved to the next agenda.
Permitting & Planning Updates
-Building Official, Eric Parnell
• Performing weekly site visits and any required site inspections requested for hospital. Starting to install HVAC equiptment.
• Construction has started on the West Feliciana Services Building in former grocery store. Permit has been issued by Town with request for review & inspection documentation to submit as the job progresses.
• Jonathan Beckham house on Hartson Street – foundation prepared for concrete pour.
• Final Inspection for Hughes Project (Commercial rental property on Commerce Street.)
• Final electrical inspection for Dr. Rinaudo’s building.
• Continuing to update information in the MyPermit’s database. (Permit & Occupancy Certificate). Now actually using MyPermit computer program for inspections and reviews.
Alderman Robert P. Leake and James R. Leake inquired about the status of Claude Barron’s house on Leonard Street and requested that Attorney Jesse Means review the process for abandoned property and provide a report at the next meeting.
– Mayor D’Aquilla
• Reminder that the Louisiana Municipal Conference is July 28 – 31 in Alexandria.
• The caboose rehab – we are currently waiting on the painter who was delayed by the flood water.
– Chief Scott Ford.
No news to report.
Main Street Report
– Laurie Walsh
• On July 8th, Maria Contreras-Sweet, Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration recognized Mayor D’Aquilla, Susan Garrett Davis owner of Grandmother’s Buttons and Lynn Wood owner of Birdman Coffee for “inspiring the entrepreneurial spirit of the nation”.
• attended and we greatly appreciated the refreshments provided by the American Legion
• Preparations for Polos and Pearls & the LA Veterans Foundation Car Show scheduled for August 20th are proceeding well.
• Currently working with the American Queen Riverboat and Republic Services to help resolve the stinking garbage dumpster issue at the old ferry landing site.
Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by James R. Leake to enter in to Executive Session to discuss a police department and personal matter with the session estimated to last approximately 30 minutes. All in favor, the motion carried. The room cleared and executive session began at 7:24.
Motion made by Gigi Robertson, seconded by Robert P. Leake to exit executive session at 7:55. All in favor, motion carried and the Board of Alderman returned to the regular public meeting with no action taken.
Motion made by James Davis, seconded by James R. Leake to adjourn the meeting. All in favor, meeting adjourned at 7:56.
Shannon Sturgeon, Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor