• Request for funding is still going through State Capital Outlay, and the Town is still trying to obtain some direction from FEMA as to the portion of the bridge damaged during the August rain event
New Water Well #4:
• Casing is set to 1,480 feet. Contractor will be cementing it in this afternoon.
Gas Line to Catalpa:
• Bid opening set for November 2nd.
• Burnett Bridge Capital Outlay Request for $466,700.00 was approved at the October 20th Bond Commission meeting. Representative Kenny Havard is meeting with Governor Edwards to work on getting a reduced amount on our pending request for additional funding.
• LGAP 15/16 change of scope was approved so that $35K can be used on the US 61 Gas Line Extension.
• You will be receiving a Gas Public Awareness Letter in the mail. We are required to send these out to Emergency Officials & Elected Officials as part of the Public Awareness Program for our gas system.
• Congratulated Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon on receiving her Louisiana Certified Municipal Clerk designation.
• Interior wall & windows being installed at WFPH.
• Live Oak Center steel up and moving forward with shell building.
• New Life Church signage removal letter sent.
• Dart residence shed noncompliance letter sent.
• Ware studio forwarded to HDC for review.
• The Yellow Leaf Festival is schedule for October 29th & 30th.
• Women’s Service League Event – Feliciana Fright Night will be held Saturday, October 29th.
• Grace Church will be also hosting the Symphony this Saturday.
• This Sunday will be the last Angola Rodeo for October 2016.
• Trick or Treat will be Monday October 31st from 5:30 to 7:30
• The West Feliciana Hospital health fair will be this weekend.