Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2016 at 5:30
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in public hearing & regular session this 25th day of October, 2016 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:33 p. m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Alderman James Davis,
Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Robert P. Leake and Alderman Abby T. Cochran. Also present were Attorney Jesse Means, Police Chief Scott G. Ford and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Alderman Gigi Robertson & Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh
The pledge was led by Damon Dawson.
Ms. Joy Graham requested the opportunity to speak on behalf of the residents of Assissi Heights Apartment regarding the loud outdoor music at the Francis. Ms. Graham said that the residents have to endure the outdoor music for four hours at a time and as late as 11 pm. She said that the residents received a letter from the restaurant but the issue has never been resolved and she thinks that many residents are afraid to speak up. Ms. Graham requested that noise ordinance be enforced.
Alderman Gigi Robertson arrived at 5:38 pm.
On motion by James R. Leake and seconded by Abby T. Cochran, the minutes of October 11, 2016 were approved as submitted. Motion carried.
Stephanie Ferguson – Complaints
Ms. Stephanie Ferguson is a resident of Audubon Hills Subdivision and also has a complaint regarding the music at the Francis. She said that she and the Assissi Heights residents were here first. Ms Ferguson stated that the music is still too loud and requested that restaurant to please move the music indoors. Ms. Ferguson requested that the Town issue a letter of complaint to The Francis. She also stated that she also had an issue with a local business hosting an employee event at The Francis and providing outdoor music in the afternoon from 3-7.
Attorney Jesse Means will research Muni Code ordinances to see how other municipalities regulate noise. Clerk Shannon Sturgeon will also post a request for information with the Louisiana Clerks Association.
Cancel November 8th Regularly Scheduled Meeting Due to Federal Elections & Town Hall Being a Polling Location
Motion made by Gigi Robertson, seconded by Robert P. Leake to cancel the regularly scheduled November 8th meeting due to federal elections and town hall being used as a polling location. All in favor, motion carried.
PEC Report – Bianca Hillhouse of PEC
Burnette Road Bridge:
• Request for funding is still going through State Capital Outlay, and the Town is still trying to obtain some direction from FEMA as to the portion of the bridge damaged during the August rain event
Mayor’s Report - Mayor D’Aquilla
New Water Well #4:
• Casing is set to 1,480 feet. Contractor will be cementing it in this afternoon.
Gas Line to Catalpa:
• Bid opening set for November 2nd.
• Burnett Bridge Capital Outlay Request for $466,700.00 was approved at the October 20th Bond Commission meeting. Representative Kenny Havard is meeting with Governor Edwards to work on getting a reduced amount on our pending request for additional funding.
Police Report – Chief Scott Ford
• LGAP 15/16 change of scope was approved so that $35K can be used on the US 61 Gas Line Extension.
• You will be receiving a Gas Public Awareness Letter in the mail. We are required to send these out to Emergency Officials & Elected Officials as part of the Public Awareness Program for our gas system.
• Congratulated Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon on receiving her Louisiana Certified Municipal Clerk designation.
No updated provided.
Permitting & Planning Updates
Update provided by Eric Parnell, Building Official
• Interior wall & windows being installed at WFPH.
Main Street Report
• Live Oak Center steel up and moving forward with shell building.
• New Life Church signage removal letter sent.
• Dart residence shed noncompliance letter sent.
• Ware studio forwarded to HDC for review.
– Mayor D’Aquilla provided an updated for Laurie Walsh who was absent.
• The Yellow Leaf Festival is schedule for October 29th & 30th.
• Women’s Service League Event – Feliciana Fright Night will be held Saturday, October 29th.
• Grace Church will be also hosting the Symphony this Saturday.
• This Sunday will be the last Angola Rodeo for October 2016.
• Trick or Treat will be Monday October 31st from 5:30 to 7:30
• The West Feliciana Hospital health fair will be this weekend.
Motion by James C. Davis, seconded by Abby T. Cochran, the meeting was adjourned at 6:07 p.m. Motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor