Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC HEARING AND REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, MARCH 14, 2017 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in public hearing following with the regular session this 14th day of March, 2017 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:33 p. m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran and Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully. Also present were Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Town Attorney Jesse Means, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley and Police Chief Scott Ford
The pledge was led by Kevin Couhig.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by James R. Leake to approve the February 14th Regular Meeting minutes as presented.. All in favor, none opposed, motion carried.
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Susie Tully to approve the February 20th Special Meeting minutes as presented. All in favor, none opposed, motion carried.
1. Open Public Hearing for Ordinance 2017-1 and 2017-2 - Public Hearing was opened at 5:35 pm.
2. Ordinance 2017-1 - “A Third Supplemental Bond Ordinance authorizing the issuance of the One Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($150,000) Revenue Bond, Series 2017, of the Town of St. Francisville, State of Louisiana, in accordance with the terms of a General Bond Ordinance adopted on July 27, 2010; prescribing the form, and certain terms and conditions of said Bonds; and providing for other matters in connection therewith” was read aloud by Assistant Attorney Leslie Daniel.
3. Public Comment for Ordinance 2017-1 - Mayor D’Aquilla open the floor for public comments. No comments made.
4. Ordinance 2017-2 - “An ordinance amending the financial reporting fiscal year end from August 31 to June 30, to be applied retroactively to the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year and subsequent years thereafter” was read aloud by Assistant Attorney Leslie Daniel.
5. Public Comment for Ordinance 2017-2 - Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for public comments. No comments were made.
6. Close Public Hearing - Public Hearing was closed at 5:37 pm and the Regular Meeting was opened.
Alderman Gig Robertson joined the meeting at 5:37 pm
Public Comment – Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the New Business. No comments made.
Adopt Ordinance 2017-1
- Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to adopt Ordinance 2017-1 “A Third Supplemental Bond Ordinance authorizing the issuance of the One Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($150,000) Revenue Bond, Series 2017, of the Town of St. Francisville, State of Louisiana, in accordance with the terms of a General Bond Ordinance adopted on July 27, 2010; prescribing the form, and certain terms and conditions of said Bonds; and providing for other matters in connection therewith”. All in favor, none opposed, absent Bryan Kelley. Motion approved.
Adopt Ordinance 2017-2
- Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to adopt Ordinance 2017-2 “An ordinance amending the financial reporting fiscal year end from August 31 to June 30, to be applied retroactively to the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year and subsequent years thereafter”. All in favor, none opposed, absent Bryan Kelley. Motion approved.
Adopt Resolution 2017-5
- Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Gigi Robertson to approve Resolution 2017-5 “A resolution of the council of the Town of St. Francisville to reject uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage and to authorize Mayor D’Aquilla to sign on the Town of St. Francisville’s behalf”. All in favor, none opposed, absent Bryan Kelley. Motion approved.
Adopt Resolution 2017-6
- Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Susie Tully to approve Resolution 2017-4 “Whereas, The Town of St. Francisville Board of Alderman agrees to accept ownership of whatever rights the State of Louisiana, through the Department of Transportation and Development (Department), may own, with exception of any and all mineral rights, in and to the following described property and agrees to accept all further rights, obligations and liabilities, including , but not limited to, all future operation, maintenance, and repairs associated therewith, for its operation and maintenance as a town street, subject to the conditions stated herein”. (Resolution 2017-4 also provides for the remaining balance of the road transfer credits estimated to be $525,820.51 to transfer to the Town of St. Francisville for road maintenance.) All in favor, none opposed, absent Bryan Kelley. Motion approved.
PEC Report – Bianca Hillhouse
• US 61 Gas Line Extension
o Gas line complete. Working on punch list items and pay request for contractor.
• Water Well #4 Replacement
o The existing motor that we tried to re-use does not work. They are in the process of getting the new motor on order.
o They pulled some preliminary samples but the DHH samples will not be pulled until after the motor has been installed and the well disinfected.
• Burnett Bridge
o Bid opening will be Thursday March 23rd at 2:00 pm.
Discuss Tourism & Riverboats
– Kevin Couhig, West Feliciana Parish President
Parish President Couhig requested that the Town & Parish jointly request Capital Outlay Funding to be used for riverfront development. Parish President Couhig said that an engineering study would be needed to be done in order to determine development goals and that by the Town and the Parish working together could benefit the entire Parish.
Alderman Bryan Kelley joined the meeting at 5:56 pm.
Parish President Couhig also mentioned that Waste Management has recently completed a parish customer count and determined that many businesses have been using residential pick up instead of getting dumpsters. In the near future, businesses that do not have a contract for dumpster will be assessed an additional monthly fee for garbage pickup of $12 to $14 on their utility bills.
Accept the recommendations of the Town of St. Francisville Planning and Zoning Commission for Burger King.
– Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Susie Tully to accept the recommendations of Planning & Zoning for site plan approval for Burger King. All in favor, none opposed. Motion approved.
Accept the recommendations of the Town of St. Francisville Planning and Zoning Commission for St. Francis Animal Medical Clinic
. - This item was taken care of at the February 14, 2017 Meeting. No further action needed.
Approval of purchase of Accounting Software from Computer Systems Development Corporation
– Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Gigi Robertson to approve purchase of Computer Systems Development Corporation CSAS/Pro Accounting System that will integrate with the town’s existing cash receipts, ad valorem tax and utility billing modules for a cost of $13,800.00. All in favor, none opposed. Motion approved.
Bailey Cable Franchise Renewal Update
– Assistant Attorney Leslie Daniel has spoken with Bailey Cable and advised them to submit a request for contract renewal in writing. Once received, the contract will be updated, public notice given and the renewal approved. Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Susie Tully to authorize Attorney Daniel to proceed with the Bailey Cable’s franchise agreement renewal process. All in favor, none opposed. Motion approved.
– Mayor Billy D’Aquilla
• The Rouge Roubaix bike race whet well.
• We have been receiving good comments on the road resurfacing project that the Department of Transportation has been doing in town.
• The police department needs a new portal speed unit trailer. We will get a price quote and submit to the Board for approval.
– Chief Ford was absent.
Permitting & Planning Updates
– Submitted by Eric Parnell, Building Official
• Construction on the new hospital is continuing.
Main Street Report
• Building is fully enclosed and air conditioned.
• Interior doors and floors are being installed.
• Live Oak Center construction ongoing.
• Beckham house installing interior cabinets.
• Ware studio installing roof and siding.
• Hall house framed, partially dried in.
• Currently reviewing the plans submitted for Burger King.
– Laurie Walsh, Main Street Manager
Historic District Commission
1. Approved parking lot sign for Grandmothers Buttons
2. Chase Ministries project tabled for additional/alternate information
3. Meeting with Villavaso and Associates on Wednesday March 15, 2017 to finish new design guidelines.
Architectural Design Review Board
1. St Francis Animal Medical Clinic plans were approved, still need to approve signage
2. The Myrtles Plantation new public restrooms plans were approved.
3. Burger King exterior plans approved with the caveat that all stone be replaced with brick, this requires an approval from corporate.
Planning and Zoning
1. Site plan was approved for the new Burger King
1. Rouge Roubaix Bike Race was March 11 and 12, 2017 they had over 300 racers on Sunday.
2. Printed again this year discount coupons for Teacher Appreciation Week for all for schools.
3. Steamboat Art Market will be relocated to the Town Hall on March 15 and 22, 2017 so the American Queen passengers can enjoy the “Audubon’s Birds of Feliciana” exhibit in the Old Market Hall.
4. For the Fifth year in a row The American Queen has been rated First in Shore Excursions by The World Ocean and Cruise Liner Society.
5. St. Francisville was named “The Most Beautiful Town” in Louisiana by Expedia, they chose one town in each of the 50 states.
Motion by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Bryan Kelley to adjourn the meeting at 6:30 p.m. Motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor