Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, APRIL 25, 2017 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 25th day of April, 2017 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p. m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also present were, Main St Manager, Laurie Walsh, Police Chief Scott Ford, Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel and Town Clerk, Shannon Sturgeon
Absent: Alderman Abby T. Cochran and Town Attorney Jesse Means
The pledge was led by Assistant Town Attorney, Leslie Daniel. .
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by James R. Leake to approve the April 11, 2017 minutes.
All in favor, motioned carried.
– Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments. No public comments were presented.
PEC Report – Bianca Hillhouse of PEC (provided information via email)
• Burnett Road Bridge Replacement -The Preconstruction Conference for Burnett Road Bridge Replacement was held April 18, 2017. Minutes from the meeting were provided to the Board of Alderman for review. Parish Government will begin the demolition of the existing bridge the second week of May. Currently estimated completion date for this project is set at July 31st.
US 61 Landscape Project Update
• Replacement Water Well #4 – we are currently waiting on the new pump to come in.
– Mayor D’Aquilla will contact Bianca Hillhouse of PEC regarding the survey that is needed in order to proceed. No further action at this time.
US 61 Signage Update
– The letters that were in the process of being mailed to Hwy 61 business has been put on hold until after the Planning & Zoning Ordinance Workshop. The workshop has been reschedule for May 10th at 4 PM. This training / work session will specifically focus on the sign ordinances.
Bailey Cable Franchise Renewal Update
– Assistant Attorney Leslie Daniel
The ordinance is being drafted and will be introduced at the next board meeting. Once introduced, we will then set a public hearing.
Approve Parker Park Wedding Rules
The Board or Alderman were provided a draft of new guidelines for events being held in Parker Park. This item was tabled until next meeting to give the Board of Alderman and Attorney Leslie Daniel adequate time to review the draft.
• Entergy will be replacing power poles on Commerce Street starting May 2nd. They will begin on the north end of Commerce and work their way south. Entergy anticipates this project will take a month to complete.
– Chief Scott Ford
• As requested, Bailey Cable has cleaned up around their business.
Permitting & Planning Updates
• A quote for the speed trailer will be presented at the next board.
• The police department will be working the traffic detail for Entergy’s project on Commerce Street.
– No new updates.
Main Street Report – Laurie Walsh
• Historic District Commission meets April 26th.
• The Tunica Hills Music Festival will be held Saturday, April 29th at Parker Park.
• The West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival will be held Saturday, May 6th from 9:00 am to 3:30 PM.
Motion by James R. Leake, seconded by Susie Tully, to adjourn the meeting at 6:23p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor