Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, MAY 23, 2017 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 23rd day of May, 2017 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:28 p. m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also present were Town Attorney Jesse Means, Main St Manager, Laurie Walsh, and Town Clerk, Shannon Sturgeon
Absent: Police Chief Scott Ford
The pledge was led by Sara Wilson Wright.
Approval of the Minutes from the last regular meeting May 9, 2017, pending the addition of a notation stating Alderman Gigi Robertson left the meeting at 6:18 p.m. Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Susie Tully. All in favor, motioned carried.
1. Open Public Hearing for Ordinance 2017-4 “An ORDINANCE adopting the millage rate for tax year 2017.
2. Public Comment for Ordinance 2017-4 - Mayor D’Aquilla open the floor for public comments. No comments made.
3. Close Public Hearing - Public Hearing was closed at 5:32 pm and the Regular Meeting was opened.
Public Comment – Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the New Business. No comments made.
Adopt Ordinance 2017-4 an Ordinance to adopt the millage rate for tax year 2017.
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Bryan Kelley to adopt Ordinance 2017-4 an Ordinance adopting the millage rate for tax year 2017. Roll call vote as follows:
Yeas: James R. Leake, Abby T. Cochran, Gigi Robertson, Susie Tully & Bryan Kelley
Bobby Clark, Pastor – New Life Worship Center Regarding Sign Issue
Pastor Bobby Clark addressed the board regarding his non-compliant sign, presented his interpretation of the Town’s sign ordinance and stated that litigation may be pursued.
Susie Tully made a motion, seconded by James R. Leake to amend the agenda to add an executive session to discuss possible litigation to the end of the agenda. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Introduce Ordinance 2017-5
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Bryan Kelley to introduce Ordinance 2017-5 An ORDINANCE Amending an Operating Budget of Revenues and Expenditures for the Fiscal Year Beginning September 1, 2016 and Ending June 30, 2017 and Also Adopting an Operating Budget of Revenues and Expenditures for the Fiscal Year Beginning July 1, 2017 and Ending June 30, 2018. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Discuss and/or Approve Parker Park Wedding Rules
Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh and Alderman Susie Tully provided some examples of suggested guidelines for park rental and requested that alderman submit their comments or suggestions by Friday, May 26th. No action taken. Move item to the next agenda.
Discuss Bailey Cable Franchise Agreement and/or Introduce Ordinance 2017-3 an Ordinance granting a new cable franchise agreement to Bailey Cable TV, Inc.
Mr. David Bailey has requested an extension in order further review the new agreement. He has been unavailable due to a family emergency. No action taken. Move item to the next agenda.
Discuss Emergency Operations Manual – Rucker Leake
Alderman Leake confirmed that the Town of St. Francisville does not need to create a new Emergency Operations Manual since it falls under a unified command with the Parish. PEC has recently updated our Debris Management Plan and we have submitted our emergency debris site permit renewal application. We do not currently have a contractor on retainage but we will use the same contractor retained by the Parish.
PEC Report – Bianca Hillhouse
• Burnett Bridge – the contractor is scheduled to mobilize June 12th. The box culverts are scheduled for June 19th delivery. Bridge completion date is set for July 31st.
• Water Well – we anticipate the well will be running by auxiliary power by June 16th with the permanent control panel installed by July 17th.
• DEQ Compliance Order – the sewer treatment plant response has been delivered to DEQ.
• US 61 Gas Line Extension – the lien certificate and final invoice for Spinks Construction’s retainage has been received. Once payment has been made, this job will be complete.
Mayor’s Report - Mayor D’Aquilla
• The Mississippi River is rising fast and we expect the river road to be closed this afternoon or tomorrow.
• The 2016 Annual Water We Drink Report will be published in the Democrat on June 8th. Post cards have been mailed out to all water customers advising them that they can also contact Town Hall to request an electronic copy to be emailed or a hard copy to be mailed to them directly.
• We are now advertising for the 2017-2018 Official Journal. Bids will be presented at the next board meeting.
• Town Hall will be closed May 29th in observance of Memorial Day.
• Alderman Susie Tully attended a Healthy Communities Forum present thru LSU AG Center. They are asking for volunteers to serve on a coalition. Mayor D’Aquilla said we could provide a proclamation to show the Town’s support.
Police Report – Chief Scott Ford absent.
Permitting & Planning Updates – Building Official Eric Parnell
• Continued work on WFPH
o Exterior landscape being installed
o Wrapping up interior.
• Live Oak Center in ongoing construction.
• Beckham house interior being completed.
• Ware studio interior being completed.
• Hall House interior being completed
• Burger King under construction
o Plumbing inspection this week.
Main Street Report – Laurie Walsh
• The Farmer’s Market will now be setting up at the Library on Friday from 9 am – 12 pm in addition to their normally scheduled Thursday at the Fair Barn.
• Due to the flood waters, the river boats will dock on the New Roads side of the river and be bused to St. Francisville.
• The Louisiana Hills & Hollows Bicycle Tour will be held May, 27th.
• Bayou Sara – Used to Be booking signing will be May 25th from 5-8 pm.
• Walker Percy Weekend will be June 2nd – 4th.
• The Day the War Stopped 20th Anniversary will be held June 9th – 11th.
Motion made by Bryan Kelly, seconded by Gigi Robertson to enter executive session to discuss possible litigation. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried and the executive session began at 6:28 p.m.
Executive session closed at 7:03 p.m. and the regular meeting resumed. No action was taken at this time.
Motion by James R. Leake, seconded by Susie Tully to adjourn the meeting at 7:04 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor