Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC HEARING/REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2017 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in public hearing/regular session this 12th day of September 2017 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:34 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also present were Town Attorney Jesse Means, Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh, Police Chief Scott Ford and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Alderman Gigi Robertson.
The pledge was led by Damon Dawson.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Bryan Kelley to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting August 22, 2017. All in favor, motioned carried.
1. Open Public Hearing for Ordinance 2017-7: AN ORDINANCE vacating, revoking and setting aside the dedication to public use of a portion of Johnson Street in the Town of St. Francisville.
2. Public Comment for Ordinance 2017-7 - Mayor D’Aquilla open the floor for public comments. No comments were made.
3. Close Public Hearing - Public Hearing was closed at 5:37 p.m. and the Regular Meeting was opened.
Open Regularly Scheduled Public Meeting.
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the new business. No public comments were made.
Approve Ordinance 2017-7
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Bryan Kelley to approve Ordinance 2017-7: AN ORDINANCE vacating, revoking and setting aside the dedication to public use of a portion of Johnson Street in the Town of St. Francisville. Roll call vote as follows:
Yeas: James R. Leake, Bryan Kelley, Abby T. Cochran & Susie Tully
Absent: Gigi Robertson
Approve Resolution 2017-8:
Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, second by Susie Tully to authorize Mayor D’Aquilla to sign a renewal for a cooperative endeavor agreement between the Town and the State of Louisiana for the Parker Street property. All in favor, motion carried.
PEC Report – Bianca Hillhouse
1. Burnette Road Bridge:
• Contractor has completed the embankment and backfilling, and laid asphalt today (09/12/17);
• Sidewalk is formed and concrete should be poured shortly.
2. New Water Well #4:
• Phone signal is not being transmitted from the water tower to call well to run on automatic. A service order has been put in to the phone company;
Discuss Impact Fees
• The well will run on manual but there is some piping vibration. This may be caused by insufficient bracing and/or a surge/water hammer issue. Contractor is supposed to be going to the site today (09/12/17) to install a hard piped spool piece in lieu of a sleeve coupling for improved bracing. He is also pricing a Bermad (or equal) surge attenuating valve similar to the one that exists at the Hardwood Well #5.
Steve Villavaso & Fred Neal, Jr. of Villavaso & Associates presented information regarding consideration adopting of Impact Fees for new developments. No action taken.
Authorize purchase of Truck for Maintenance Department
Mayor D’Aquilla advised the Board that we needed to purchase a new truck for the maintenance department. He will get pricing information and present it for approval at the next meeting. Item moved to the next agenda.
Approve Annual Louisiana Compliance Questionnaire
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to approve the 2016/2017 Annual Louisiana Compliance Questionnaire. All in favor, motion carried.
Departmental Updates – Mayor D’Aquilla
a. Mayor’s Comments
• Jesse Means has been appointed to the 911 Communication Board to fill a vacancy left by former employee Travis Depew.
b. Police Report – no new update.
c. Permitting & Planning Updates – written update provided by Building Official.
d. Main Street Report – Laurie Walsh presented the Architectural Design & Review Boards recommendation as follows:
The Architectural Design & Review Board met on Thursday September 7, 2017, the following projects were presented for review and were approved to recommend to the Town Council for their final approval at the Tuesday September 12, 2017 meeting.
1. The Hoffpauri Studios new design for the St. Francis Animal Medical Clinic which will be located on Live Oak Drive.
2. The addition of a small building at the rear of the existing building for Healing Place Church.
Motion made by Bryan Kelley, seconded by James R. Leake to accept recommendations for approval by the Architectural Design Review Board. All in favor, motion carried.
Motion by Bryan Kelley, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to adjourn the meeting at 6:12 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor