Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2018 at 5:30 P.M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 22nd day of May 2018 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor Pro Tem James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Brian Kelley. Also present, Town Attorney Jesse Means, Police Chief Scott Ford and Town Clerk, Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh.
Prayer led by Alderman Gigi Robertson.
The pledge was led by Police Chief Scott Ford.
Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Susie Tully to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting May 8, 2018. All in favor, motioned carried.
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor Pro Tem Rucker Leake opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the new business. No public comments made.
1. PEC Report – Information provided via email by Bianca Hillhouse of PEC.
New 2” Gas Line on Old Hwy 66:
• Contractor is nearing completion – we will be able to get preliminary figures on additional meters this week.
Drainage Washout in Audubon Hills:
• PEC is waiting to get a quote on the survey. Survey may be able to be accomplished with a combination of drone and physical survey in the areas that are accessible.
• PEC is waiting to receive quotes back for the red-light replacement study.
2. Discuss and/or Take Action on PEC’s Recommendation Regarding Drainage Washout / Audubon Hills Subdivison
No additional information provided. No further action taken.
*Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel joined the meeting at 5:42 p.m.
3. Discuss and/or Action on Steve Villavaso of Villavaso & Associates Recommendations Regarding Impact Fees.
Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel informed the Board of Alderman that Villavaso and Associates are working with Bianca Hillhouse of Professional Engineering Corporation to gather information needed to complete the impact fee study. This item will move to next agenda.
4. Introduce Ordinance 2018-3 An Ordinance Amending an Operating Budget of Revenues and Expenditures for the Fiscal Year Beginning July 1, 2017 and Ending June 30, 2018 and Adopting an Operating Budget of Revenues and Expenditures for the Fiscal Year Beginning July 1, 2018 and Ending June 30, 2019.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Gigi Robertson to Introduce Ordinance 2018-3 and set a public hearing for June 12, 2018. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
5. Departmental Updates
Police Report – Chief Scott Ford.
Permitting & Planning Updates – provided by Eric Parnell by email.
Motion made by Abby Cochran, seconded by Gigi Robertson to adjourn the meeting at 6:08 p.m. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor