Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, JULY 23, 2019 at 5:30 P.M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in Public Regular Meeting this 23rd day of July 2019 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Alderman James R. Leake, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susie Tully and Alderman Bryan Kelley. Also present, Town Attorney Jesse Means, Assistant Town Attorney Ben Klein, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Alderman Abby T. Cochran and Police Chief Scott Ford.
Prayer led by Jesse Means.
Pledge led by Gigi Robertson.
Motion made by Gigi Robertson, seconded by Bryan Kelley to approve the minutes from the regular meeting of July 9, 2019. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for public comments before commencing with new business.
No public comments submitted.
1. PEC Report – Bianca Hillhouse was absent
– No new update at this time.
2. Discuss and/or Take Action on Impact Study Revised Draft
Motion made by Bryan Kelley, seconded by Gigi Robertson to table the Impact Study at this time and revive it at a future dated if needed. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
3. Introduce Ordinance 2019-6 & Set Public Hearing for August 13, 2019
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by James R. Leake to Introduce ORDINANCE 2019-6 AN ORDINANCE AMENDING SECTION 12-23 “SERVICE RATES” OF ARTICLE III, “GAS SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION” OF CHAPTER 12, “MUNICIPAL UTILITIES AND SERVICES,” OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE, STATE OF LOUISIANA and to set a public hearing for August 13, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
4. Approve Resolution 2019-4
- A Resolution Implementing a Public Records Request Fee Schedule.
RESOLUTION NO. 2019-4
A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMAN OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE IMPLEMENTING A PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST FEE SCHEDULE
, by law, a public records request must be responded to within 72 hours which often requires employees to abandon their routine daily duties to fulfill such requests and in order to accommodate such requests for this time, there needs to be a schedule including minimum administration charges; and
, the Town of St. Francisville does not currently have a uniform administrative policy which addresses the cost of handling public records requests and providing requested documents; and
, there is a need for a uniform fee schedule for public records requests for all departments within the Town of St. Francisville; and
, the Board of Alderman of the Town of St. Francisville wishes to implement a public records request fee schedule.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED
by the Board of Alderman of the Town of St. Francisville that the following public records request fee schedule attached hereto as Exhibit A, is hereby implemented and will become effective immediately upon adoption of this resolution:
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED
that this resolution shall take effect immediately upon the signature of the Mayor of St. Francisville; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED
that the Town Clerk is hereby authorized and empowered to take any and all actions which she, in the exercise of her discretion, deems necessary to promulgate the provisions of this resolution.
This resolution having been submitted to a vote, the vote thereon was as follows:
YEAS: James R. Leake, Gigi Robertson, Susie Tully & Bryan Kelley
ABSENT: Abby T. Cochran
AND the resolution was declared adopted on this the 23rd of July
/s/ Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk /s/s William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor
TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST FEE SCHEDULE
ADOPTED BY RESOLUTION NO. 2019-4
(1) Copies - Black & White 1.00 Per Page
(2) Copies – Color 2.00 Per Page
(3) Maps – Color or Black & White 5.00 8.5 x 14
8.00 11 x 17
20.00 Map on USB *includes USB
(4) USB Reproduction The below cost per item + plus cost listed in item #7
20.00 0-1 Hour
30.00 1-2 Hours
40.00 2-3 Hours
50.00 3-5 Hours
60.00 5-6 Hours
(5) Document Transcription 250.00 Deposit
(At the then prevailing customary court reporter rate; plus any additional funds needed)
(6) After-Hours Review and Copying: If the amount of documents or records requested is too vast to reasonably & timely review, count and copy during normal working hours, the party making the request must contact Town Hall to schedule a time and place for such after-hour review. There shall be a maximum three (3) hour after-work-hours appointment at the cost of $250.00 per appointment in order for the party to view the requested documents at Town Hall. Each after-hour review session shall be deemed separate for the purpose of payment. During such review(s), the party may designate a list of documents to be copied, and the Town will prepare the documents and provide the requested documents as per law with cost for copies or USB reproduction as outline in items 1 through 4 above.
(7) It is specifically determined by the Town that any electronic documents transferred to any media (i.e. such as more than one map transferred to digital media or documents scanned for emailing), then each document transferred shall be considered as separate items. For example, three one-page documents transferred to a USB shall be considered as three pages at $.50 plus $20.00 for USB. The requesting party shall be responsible to pay the cost of each document transferred and the hereinabove scheduled cost of the media used.
(8) Documents not available in electronic format can be scanned and emailed for a cost of $1.00 per page. If document copies are too large to be emailed they can be transferred to a USB for a cost of $1.00 per page plus $20.00 for USB.
(9) Any requests that the Town is not capable of producing in house and must be done by an outside vendor will be charged at the vendor’s rate plus 15% to cover the time involved.
5. Departmental Updates – Mayor D’Aquilla
a. Mayor’s Comments
b. Police Report – Chief Scott Ford was absent.
c. Permitting & Planning Updates – written report provided by Don Simmons.
d. Main Street Report – Laurie Walsh.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by James R. Leake to adjourn the meeting at 6:12 p.m. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
/s/ Shannon Sturgeon /s/ William D’Aquilla
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor