Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Minutes - Board of Adjustments
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC HEARING/MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, MAY 27, 2014, 5:30 P.M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session May 27, 2014 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, Saint Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:35 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William D’Aquilla, Alderman James R. Leake, Alderman Oscar Robertson, Jr., Alderman Robert P. Leake and Town Attorney Jesse Means.
Others Present: Police Chief Scott G. Ford, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh.
Absent: Aldermen James Davis & Alderman Abby T. Cochran
The Pledge was led by Oscar Robertson, Jr.
On motion by James R. Leake and seconded by Oscar Robertson, Jr., the minutes of May 13, 2014 regular meeting were approved as circulated. All in favor, motion carried.
• We received our copy of the activated LGAP contract. Bia will get with Wally so the Town can get the aerator repairs started.
Royal Street: Discuss changing to one-way traffic flow.
• Mrs. Hazlip updated the board on her progress in contacting neighbors and seeking signatures in support of having the traffic flow for Royal Street changed to one-way. After much discussion, Mayor D’Aquilla polled the attending aldermen regarding the next course of action. Aldermen Oscar Robertson, Jr., James R. Leake and Robert P. Leake voted to take no action at this time and to include this item on the June 24th agenda. Mrs. Hazlip is going to extend her petition to included business and residents located on side streets that a join Royal Street. Furthermore, Mayor D’Aquilla is going to contact Louisiana Department of Transportation and request a meeting to seek advice on traffic flow for Royal Street.
Mayor’s Report: Mayor D’Aquilla
• Political Signs in Violation of the Zoning Ordinance – Code Enforcement letters are being sent to individual that have violated the zoning ordinance. The Town has also sent copies of the zoning ordinance to the Clerk’s Office so they can be provided to individuals when they qualify to run for office.
• Kadair VS Town of St. Francisville Update – June 18th is the Motion for Preliminary Injunction and Exception of No Cause for Action.
• Water We Drink Report – the 2013 annual Consumer Confidence Report will be published June 4, 2014 in the Democrat. Postcards containing instructions on how residents can obtain a copy upon request, have been mailed out.
• Bids for the 2014 Official Journal will be published May 28, 214 and June 4, 2014. Bid will be awarded at the June 10, 2014 Board Meeting.
• MIDLA Gas System is presenting an updated tonight regarding the threat of abandonment of our gas pipeline. Meeting will be held at 6:30 upstairs and the old courthouse.
Police Report: Chief Scott Ford
• Upon the recommendation of Chief Scott Ford, motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Robert P. Leake to approved the status change of police officer Claire “Butch” Chennault from part-time police officer to full-time police officer. All in favor. Motion carried.
Main Street Report: Laurie Walsh
• Final Girls has wrapped up filming at Camp Marydale.
• Paint color request has been approved for the Treppendahl’s who recently purchased Randy Alvarez’s former house on Ferdinand.
• The last buses will visit the town June 4th & 5th.
• Polo and Pearl’s will be held August 23, 2014.
• Mrs. Nancy Vinci, who is a member of the Keep Feliciana Beautiful Committee, requested that she be allowed to address the Board. Mrs. Vinci expressed concerns that Bubba’s Thrift Store and Mr. Robert Walden’s re-sale items are an eyesore and questioned if these two locations were in violation of the Town’s zoning ordinance. After much debate, the Mayor defended and voiced his support local businesses; Alderman Robert P. Leake expressed concerns that the zoning ordinance should be enforced as written and should apply to everyone. Chief Scott Ford was instructed to send letters out to notify these businesses and any others of zoning violations.
Oscar Robertson, Jr., made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Robert P. Leake. Meeting was adjourned at 6:15 p.m.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk
William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor