Welcome to the Town of St. Francisville’s Departments page. Our town departments are listed below. Click the photos to learn more about each department. We look forward to assisting you.
How to Pay Utility Bill
See instructions provided below on how to pay your St. Francisville utility bill online:
- Click this link, to be redirected to Xpress-Pay
- On the Xpress-Pay screen, enter:
- Account #: Only enter the account numbers listed on our bill that are before the dash. Example for Account #3737-0160361, only enter 3737.
- Owner's Last Name: Enter the last name only. Example for John Smith, only enter Smith.
- Street (name only): Enter only the first word listed for the name of your street address. Example for 1234 Hwy 61, only enter Hwy.
- Click Next to access your account details
- Click Find Bills to display your bill information and make a payment
- Follow the payment directions on the screen to pay by debit or credit card
*Note: Payments made after midnight cannot be seen in our system until the 2nd business day, so please keep this mind if you have received a disconnect notice.
The Town of St. Francisville provides their customers with adequate supply of natural gas. St. Francisville has buried gas pipelines throughout the gas service area that provide safe reliable energy to its customers. The Town of St. Francisville maintains these pipelines to a high standard and they are considered reliable. A Damage Control Program (line markers) and an Emergency Plan for responding to an emergency situation has been established and the Town works closely with Fire and Emergency Response Personnel.
If you smell gas at your home or business, follow these steps:
- Do not turn on any lights or use the telephone, including cell phones.
- Ensure everyone leaves the house or building immediately.
- Use a telephone away from the questionable building to call the St. Francisville Utilities at one of the following numbers.
The Town of St. Francisville contracts Waste Management for their garbage services. Garbage is picked up on Tuesday and Friday. If you have question, please contact Waste Management at 225-664-8802.
All containers, garbage, refuse, rubbish and trash must be hidden from view from the street and cannot be placed at curbside for pickup prior to 6:00 p.m. or dusk, whichever is earlier, on the night before pickup. The containers must be removed from curbside by 6:00 p.m. on the day of pickup. Please remember that garbage containers must be kept tightly covered at all times. This will help contain odors and could also keep dogs, cats and other wildlife from disturbing your garbage.
Waste Management will not pick up hazardous waste. Hazardous waste includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Paint, motor oil, gasoline, etc.
- Combustible items (i.e. propane tanks, and gas cans)
- Corrosives and toxicants
Steps to Begin a New Business
Confirm that your business location is properly zoned for the type of business you wish to open. Click here to view Zoning Ordinances.
A building permit is required for any remodeling or new construction. Click here for Commercial Building Permit Information. A sign permit is required for signage.
Registering A New Business
- Federal ID (EIN) number
- Apply online at www.irs.gov
- Louisiana State ID number
- Apply online at www.rev.state.la.us
- Local Sales Tax Certificate
- Contact the West Feliciana School Board Office / Sales & Occupancy Tax Department at 225-635-4989
- Town of St. Francisville Occupational License
- Complete the Occupational License Application
- You must provide your Local Sales Tax Certificate
The first year’s license for retail dealer or wholesale dealer is $50.00. Renewals are based on the gross sales and are due by the end of February each year.
Professional License is $75.00 per year
Permits & Licenses
To apply for a liquor license from the town of St. Francisville, fill out the online form below and submit at town hall to the town clerk's office. To receive approval the applicant must meet all town and state regulations. An approved liquor license from the state must be obtained through the proper procedures which can be found at the Louisiana Alcohol and Tobacco Control website.
Town and State Liquor licenses are approved yearly.
Alcoholic Beverage Permit Notice for Legal Newspaper (Advocate)
A Sign Permit is the regulatory method the town uses to ensure that signs in St. Francisville will help preserve and improve the appearance of the town and to help people find what they need without difficulty or confusion. The Historic District has more restrictions, see Town's ordinances for more information.
Additional Regulations for HWY 61 Scenic & Historic District
Mobile Food Vendor Permit
The Building department functions as the enforcement authority for the Town district regulations, and other regulations designed to improve public safety. In addition to these functions, the Department assists the general public by supplying necessary information and answering questions related to building codes.
Building Permit FAQs
When are permits required?
Permits are required before beginning new construction or alterations and repairs (other than ordinary repairs) for such projects that include, but are not limited to: additions, garages, sheds, swimming pools, decks, sunrooms, kitchen or bath renovations, water heaters, HVAC, boilers, furnaces, central air conditioning, propane tanks, wood/gas stoves, oil tank install or removal, electrical service upgrades, automatic standby generators, vinyl siding, window and roof replacements, fences 6’ or higher, and finished basements.
What is needed to submit a building permit application?
- When submitting a permit application for approval, you must submit two copies of a plan (three copies for a commercial project), as well as a copy of the property plot plant (residential or site plan commercial showing a scaled representation of the exterior work to be done (ie. Location of addition, shed, deck etc.)
- When applying for a permit, the owner of the property or agent for the owner (contractor/architect), may act as the applicant and shall be responsible for the permit. Agents for the applicant must have a letter of authorization.
- Other departmental approvals form Zoning, Wetlands, Historic District Commission, Health Department, Sewer, Engineering, or Fire Marshal may be required. We can assist you in what approvals are typically required for your project.
- At the time the application is received, the building official must examine all the documentation submitted with the application to determine if the proposed work is compliant with the State Building Code. If applicable, the local Fire Marshal will determine if the work is substantially compliant with the State Fire Safety Code.
How long does it take to obtain a permit?
State law allows the Building Official up to thirty days to review your application. However, we can typically issue most permits within one week if the application is complete and all approvals are received (i.e., the project does not need to go through any additional process such as wetlands, variances, modifications, etc.)
How much does a permit cost?
Feel free to contact our office to calculate your permit fee. If applicable, the Certificate of Occupancy fee is $5.00. However, this is not ordinarily collected until the end of the project.
What if I have an emergency?
Please contact our office immediately if you have an emergency and the building official can discuss with you how to proceed.
Planning & Zoning
Town of St. Francisville Historic District Guidelines
The St. Francisville Police Department serves the Town of St. Francisville. Our criminal patrol officers work around the clock to provide a high level of service and protection to our citizens. Our office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-5:00pm and Fridays, 8:00am-12:00pm.
To report a crime please call 911. For non-emergencies or to report criminal or suspicious behavior, call 225-635-4177.
Current Job Openings
- Full and Part-Time Police Officer positions
The mission of the St. Francisville Fire Department is to protect life, property and the environment and reduce pain and suffering encountered through fire, medical and environmental emergencies by providing education, prevention, suppression and medical services to the citizens and visitors of our community in a professional and fiscally responsible manner.
For emergencies please call 911. For non-emergencies please call our office at225-635-3620.
Public Works & Maintenance
Public Works & Maintenance is responsible for the major utilities and infrastructure of the town. The department is responsible for operating and maintaining public services such as: water, gas, wastewater, streets, and town maintenance. The goal of the Public Works & Maintenance Department is to provide these services in a comprehensive, efficient, and cost effective manner.
Town Maintenance Department
P.O. Box 400
St. Francisville, La. 70775
Trash Pick Up
The town of St. Francisville has a contract with Waste Management Services for trash disposal.
The Town of St. Francisville is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Drug Free Workplace Employer. Equal employment opportunities are allowed without regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, age, or non-disqualifying handicap. Fill out and submit the appropriate form below.
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Clerk:
The Town of St. Francisville is seeking a dependable person to fill a full-time position at St. Francisville Town Hall.
The qualifications are as followed: Must have experience with accounts payable and/or accounts receivable, must be proficient in 10-key application and must work well with the public. Must also be able to provide three references.
Download application above and return completed to St. Francisville Town Hall, 11936 Ferdinand, St. Francisville, Louisiana, by 5:00 p.m. on March 9, 2022. Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Town Clerk’s Office provides the public with information. Please feel free to contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions you may have.
Public Records Access
A Public Access to Records or Freedom of Information Act (FOIL) request must be submitted to the Town Clerk regardless of which town department you are requesting to obtain records from.
Applications for Services, Permits & Licenses
The Town Clerk records and maintains all town records, issues licenses and permits, and helps people with questions. The Town Clerk attends all meetings of the Town Board, acts as clerk thereof, and records all actions taken by the Board of Aldermen. All Local Laws are recorded in the Town Clerk's Office.
The town of St. Francisville is a beautiful place to host your next event. Below are two spaces we offer for rental use. Please complete the application and submit to the town hall office to schedule your next event, or email email@example.com.
Additionally the meeting room at Town Hall is available for organizations' use for special meetings. Some restrictions do exist, such as the type of organizations, availability and hours of operation. Complete the application and submit to the town clerk's office. Notification will be given to you as soon as possible.
Film & Video
Discover what many producers, location scouts, directors, editors, and other industry professionals have known for years; "St. Francisville is here to assist in any way to make your project a success."
Our goal is to promote a thriving film and video production community in St. Francisville and West Feliciana Parish by providing a skilled liaison for one-on-one assistance knowledgeable in local ordinances, permits, services, location scouting, traffic control, catering and lodging.
Film and TV production professionals know that St. Francisville & West Feliciana Parish are an ideal location for diversity; the high ridges, deep ravines, sandy creeks & bayous & Mississippi River, thick forests, farmland & pastures, swamps with large bald cypress groves, abundant wildlife, small town with plenty of charm, multiple types of architecture, historic homes & plantations, country roads and many accessible locations available for your production.
With superb accommodations, restaurants, and services, you'll find West Feliciana Parish to be the ideal place for your next feature film, broadcast, or commercial TV production.
You'll also enjoy the convenience of an airport within 30 minutes making it easy to get talent and key members of your production team in and out quickly.