Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, MAY 24, 2016 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 24th day of May, 2016 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:32 p. m. with the following members present: Aldermen & Mayor Pro-Tem James R. Leake Alderman, Gigi Robertson, Aldermen Robert P. Leake and Alderman Abby T. Cochran. Also present were Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh, Police Chief Scott Ford and Clerk Shannon Sturgeon
Absent: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Alderman James Davis and Town Attorney Jesse Means.
The pledge was led by Howard Arceneaux.
On motion by Robert P. Leake and seconded by Abby T. Cochran, the minutes of May 10, 2016 were approved as submitted. All in favor, motion carried.
Town Attorney Jesse Means joined the meeting at 5:36 pm.
Main Street Request Approval of Bill Board Rental on Hwy 61 at Port Hudson
Laurie Walsh presented the funding request for a bill board rental opportunity on Hwy. 61 at Port Hudson. We have the opportunity for a 1 year lease option to lease the bill board on Hwy. 61 at Port Hudson for $400.00 per month The cost is for the bill board rental only. We would provide our own vinyls and be responsible for their installation. After discussion, this item was tabled until the next board meeting in order to gather pricing information for the advertisement vinyl and to further explore the labor requirements of installing our vinyl advertisements on the bill board.
Engineer Bianca Hillhouse of PEC provided the following update to Mayor D’Aquilla.
• Burnette Road Bridge – still no news on request for additional funding.
Permitting & Planning Updates
• New Water Well Replacement & Water System Improvements – Bid Opening for the #4 Water Well Replacement was held today. Will present the bid results for award at the next meeting.
-Building Official, Eric Parnell
• Drove by Mayeaux project.
o No work appears to be occurring.
• Placed call to Claude Barron to obtain status of project.
o No response.
• Final inspection for Judith Norgren /Peggy Gammil project.
• Meeting with both owner and architect Boll Weevil project.
o Met with architect concerning plan review comments.
o Owner is investigating option due to sprinkler requirements for residential occupancies.
• Meeting with Johnathan Beckham to review project.
o Need site plan and copies of reviewed plans prior to permit.
• Moving forward with full implementation of Mypermit software.
• Meeting at Dart house with Mr. Dart to proceed with project.
– Mayor Pro-Tem James R. Leake
• Cards have been mailed out to our water customers notifying them that the 2015 Annual Consumer Confidence Report / Water We Drink will be published in the Democrat June 2nd and they can also contact Town Hall if they would like a copy of the report mailed to them.
• We are advertising for the Official Journal and will select our 2016/2017 Official Journal at the next meeting.
• The Water Well Replacement bids were postponed from May 17th until today due to a bid amendment that was sent out. The unofficial low bid came in at $637,500.00. Bia is verifying the numbers to confirm the bids calculations are correct but she was happy with the prices received and she expects to add the bid award to the next agenda.
– Chief Scott Ford.
Main Street Report
– Laurie Walsh
• Historic District Commission approved a sign for Sara Cooper’s new hair salon and paint colors for Al Aqaba restaurant.
Motion by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Gigi Robertson to adjourn at 5:48 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Clerk James R. Leake, Mayor Pro-Tem